Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Thursday, November 8, 2012

The One with Thing 22


Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?

I really don’t see our lives changing much between 5 and 15 years.  In the next five they will change a lot though.  Justin and I will both be done with school and he will have a job in industry.  Right now I have the feeling that we’re going to end up in California.  It could be worse.  We’ll have at least one kid, maybe two or just another on the way.  We’re going to try to check a few of our dream trips off between finishing school and having a baby though.  We’ve talked about hiking Machu Picchu since we started dating and Justin wants to do a Grand Canyon trip.  We also want to visit Europe but I think those trips are easier to do when we’re old than a long hike so we can save them for later.  Hopefully we’ll be homeowners in 5 years as well, with a big backyard and a garage full of sporting equipment.  And maybe a boat.  I want to teach a few chemistry classes while we just have one child before becoming a stay-at-home mom but then our kids will be some of the most prepared kindergarteners ever!  My plan is to go back to school (as a teacher) when our youngest (whatever number that is, somewhere between 2 and 4) starts school.  I really don’t see Justin and I moving around a lot.  I honestly feel like Justin is going to like his first job and stick with it a while.  Which means where we end up shortly after graduation is where we will be.  This sounds awesome!

No comments: