The first weekend of March was graduate recruitment weekend for the Chem
department. It's for students who have been accepted into the grad
program starting next year (and are possibly choosing between several programs)
and current students are their "hosts." Justin and I like to
help out because you get a lot of free meals and even a free lift ticket!
I feel like it's kind of cheating but our department takes the students skiing
on Saturday. It's a huge dangling carrot, especially for students
visiting from the east coast. Meaning those who know how to ski but have
had to deal with crappy east coast hills and ice. I've never even skied
out there and I'm already a Salt
Lake resort snob!
The weekend wasn't really that exciting but I somehow managed to use two of
my favorite sitcom quotes. In real life!! The first one was this: (in response to a comment about first world problems)
And the second was this: (introducing Justin to my friend's boyfriend)
So I actually said "Haaave you met Dave?" I've always wanted to use that!!
No comments:
Post a Comment