Not only did we get to go to the Pac-12 Basketball Tournament this year but Salt Lake hosted a round of the National Tournament. Glory be! Justin and I got to watch little Wichita State (who turned out to be quite the Cinderella making it to the Final 4) beat top-ranked Gonzaga and then Arizona kill Harvard. We ended up sitting by some Gonzaga and Wichita St. fans and the WSt fans were saying how cool it was for their little school to have even made it to the tournament and be up against a big dog like Gonzaga. Funny thing is, WSt actually has about 3 times the student population of Gonzaga. So they really were up against a much smaller dog. Gonzaga just has a great basketball program (and not much else) thanks to John Stockton whose jersey is hanging in Energy Solutions Arena. Just FYI, Stockton's son is currently playing for Gonzaga. Must have been pretty cool for him to play in the arena where his dad's jersey is. Or really intimidating. He played well but his team lost. There were a lot of Arizona fans there so that made me happy but if you're just a basketball fan who wanted to watch the game and your team isn't there, you shouldn't wear one of their t-shirts just to be a butthead. I'm talking to the one stupid ASU fan I saw in the crowd. He's lucky he didn't get jumped with all that red and blue walking around!
Waiting at the Trax station. I was proud of my sign :) Also, it looks like there was still some snow on the ground and it was insanely bright, as evidenced by my super squinty eyes.
I just love the Arizona uniforms. They're so pretty :)
They honored 3 members of the only national championship basketball team from Utah, way back in 1944! These guys were so cute!
We killed Harvard! It was a good game :)
It's hard to see but the guy with the big yellow head is the Wichita State mascot, the Shocker. Apparently a shocker is a cross between a firework and an ear of corn :)
Sad day, I forgot this poster at the stadium after I put it behind us to pose for this picture. I bet the cleaning crew just threw it away :(
No comments:
Post a Comment