Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The One with Justin and Payton

Payton is the son of our friends Brock and Carrie.  He is so darn cute!!  I absolutely love his laugh.  Since I'm still playing catch up on the blog I don't think I've mentioned that Justin and I watched him overnight for B&C for their anniversary back in May.  I told them to not do anything (change Payton's diaper, give him a bath, etc.) before they left because it would be good training for Justin.  Unfortunately I went over early and Justin got to their house a little later then planned so all that really happened is I look capable of motherhood because by the time Justin arrived I had fed, changed and played with Payton and barbecued dinner.  That's right.  Not just cooked, barbecued.  That was actually our payment for babysitting.  Brock is an excellent cook/marinader.  And Carrie's not bad herself :)

Anyway, back to babysitting.  It is so funny to me the little things watching a child requires that Justin is not aware of.  Like how much (or little) water is required for a bath and how "easy" it is to watch a baby.  Easy because literally all you're doing is watching them.  Not so easy because all you can do is watch them, you can't let them out of your sight!  The night went very well.  Payton is so easy to put down for bed and B&C were home by 10 the next morning.  So Justin passed the "Future Dad" test.

His grade was raised to an A this past Sunday however when we went to B&C's house for dinner.  Payton has apparently learned to feed other people and thinks it is absolutely hilarious.  I have to admit, I do too.  Justin was laying on the floor and Payton really wanted to feed him some yogurt covered raisins.  I wish I had a picture of this!!  He is very determined once this process starts and when Justin tried to just clamp his lips shut Payton forced his tiny little finger in!!  Soooo funny!  There's nothing tastier than candy fed by a baby :)  I laughed so hard my stomach still hurts.  There's just something about watching my husband with children that makes my heart melt.

**This post is in no way making any sort of announcement.  Simply sharing a very adorable experience :)  I'll get back to camping posts soon!

No comments: