Camp was such a busy week! More accurately, a busy couple of months for us leaders. I debated whether or not to actually go as I was released from YW two weeks before. I'm glad I did go though. It was my last chance to be with the girls and other leaders I'd become good friends with over just a few months.
I could list a ton of details but I'll try to limit the text here and just explain the pictures.
Our campsite was awesome! Two of the stake leaders were from our ward and they assigned us the best site. With the firepit and water spigot start we had and the luxuries the girls brought we really lived it up all week.
Girls around the firepit: (left to right) Camilla, Shelyse, Josilyn, Gabi, Ryann, Anne Marie, Melissa, Gabby, Bonnie, Danielle, Sophia.
Gabi could almost always be found in this "pharoah chair" (remember that awning for later!).
The theme for camp was "Oh the Places You'll Go" so most activities, crafts, etc. were pretty "Seuss-y." We decorated our camp with flags from the places we'd like to go.
Shelyse and Melissa using some heavy machinery to put up our "flagpoles."
Closeups: Shelyse is actually from Canada so we made sure to have a Canadian flag. Also proud of the girls for including college in their future plans :)
Not all flags were actually from countries. Recognize the Deathly Hallows?
Peru!
Go America!!
After decorating our campsite the whole camp got together and played wiffle ball and water balloon volleyball. It was pretty hot so everyone preferred that second game. Maybe they preferred it because this is what the ball field looked like:
Gabby vs. Camilla.
Just missed it!
Go 1st Ward!!
The first night at camp was also skit night. The 10th and 31st wards were combined and they made up a cheer that they would yell at 10:31 AM and PM. We were not huge fans but the girl in the middle here is a former 1st warder. She is super sweet and it was fun to see her again.
We were told to introduce ourselves before starting our skit and I thought it would be hilarious to parody the Sound of Music. Melissa had an emergency whistle and I made up different calls for the girls. My favorite was for Anne Marie. I just blew the whistle for as long as I could and she tried to step out 3 times before I finished!
Our ward banner. I don't remember why we painted a can of Spam. Maybe it was inspired by our Green Eggs and Ham skit. Definite possibility.
For our skit Shelyse found a Seuss-ified retelling of 1st Nephi and the girls acted it out. They did so well!! As you can see by Gabi's name tag, she was our "stage hand" and got to be Vanna White with the props.
Camilla attempting to tempt.
Bonnie and I were the "unrighteous people" in the great and spacious building that looks like a camp shower. Ok, it was our camp shower. See, deluxe accommodations at our site. Bonnie had brought some of those Pop-Its firecrackers and we scared the girls when we ran out and threw explosives at them." It was awesome! Apparently, I was really into it. I look a little psycho here!
This is getting long. And picture heavy.
To be continued....

No comments:
Post a Comment