**I wrote this post at least 2 years ago after I'd written a few about Kaden and Makayla and kinda forgot about it. Don't know why I didn't just post it then so I'll do it now.
I sadly have fewer pictures of Wendy's kids to share (not because I took fewer pictures, they just haven't been around as long). But I do have some cute ones of Trevy.
I sadly have fewer pictures of Wendy's kids to share (not because I took fewer pictures, they just haven't been around as long). But I do have some cute ones of Trevy.
I remember much more about Trevy being born than Kaden and Makayla. (For someone who has to read and memorize things as often as I do I have a horrible memory when it comes to events!) I was still living in Tucson and sleeping in one morning (that's how you know this is a true story) when I got a call from James about 10:30. It took me a second to realize "why is James calling me? Shouldn't he be at work?" Then he told me Trevy was here. That's the way to do it folks. When Justin and I have kids we probably won't call to say I'm in labor- we'll call to say the baby is out! I got dressed and hurried over to the hospital to meet my new niece. She was so tiny! I guess not too tiny compared to Kaden but after Makayla (who we didn't see for the first time until she was a few weeks old already), Trevy was so small. I was so excited for Wendy to finally have her baby and it was fun to live in the same city so I could go over and hold her whenever I wanted. (Well, within reason.) I was also really glad I still lived in Tucson so I could help out when Wendy needed me. It definitely helped pass the time until I could find a job!
Easter 2007
Lake Powell 2007
Trevy as Dorothy, Halloween 2008
August 2009- cosmetology practice
Are you hiding in Aunt Amy's cupboard?!
Christmas 2010
Maybe it was because I lived so close for Trevy's first few years that she remembers me so well but it always makes me feel good when I come home and she still gives me a big hug. Not always so nice when she's just gotten out of the car and couldn't quite make it all the way to Grandma's house without wetting her pants (I guess you can call that the American Trevy Fountain) but it's the thought that counts :)
My favorite thing about Trevy is her voice. I just love the way she pronounces words. It's so funny!! Bar-ba-loot suits! Trevy has such an impressive memory for a five year old (see- old post. Trevy just turned 7!). I also think it's hilarious when she lets us know what she's doing even though we can see it (as in "I'm crying!").
I don't remember where the nickname Trevy Punkin came from, I think it was just a cute name Wendy would call her (right Wendy?) but it totally fits. She is Trevy Punkin. And we love her!


3 comments:
Your blog post brought a tear to my eye... it is so nice having such great family, even though you guys are little farther away right now than we would like!!
How sad that James responded before I did! Yes, I am slacking in the blog world, but hoping to make a comeback. Just need to get my house together. I can barely get to the computer. Physically. It's currently surrounded by a sea of paper.
Ironically, I just posted one of Trevy's stories tonight. So fun to see her little again. Your post brought back a lot of memories. Honestly don't know what I would have done without you in Tucson after Trevy was born. Yes, I made up the name Trevy Punkin and the cute song that came with it, but those were some dark days. May you be blessed never to experience them. And yes, please feel free to just let us know when the babies are born so we don't all have to wait in suspense while you labor away!
Love you, girl!
Awww, love you guys!!! Wish we lived a little closer myself. Someday... Maybe soon :)
Post a Comment