Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Monday, February 21, 2011

The First One...

So I actually have another post in the works (for about a month now.  I know my sisters are going to laugh when they see the pictures I have of their kids from Christmas) but I decided to just put something down or I will actually never get started.  Here are my random thoughts for the day (keep in mind that I am at school running analyses so when I say random, I mean random):

How is it almost March already?  The funny thing is living in a place where there is actually a winter season makes me feel like I should host an event called "Spring Cleaning" (guest list: me).  I even finally used up the last of our wedding gift cards and bought a steam mop!  I was so excited!!  (Just ask Justin- he doesn't understand my Monica Geller obsession with cleanliness but he tolerates it well)  And if you're wondering whether all steam mops are created equal- they are not.  I got a brand called Bionaire (actually had good reviews online)- hate it.  The whole time I had Shark envy from using Mom's at Christmas.  It was such a workout pushing that thing across the floor I will definitely be taking it back.

This past weekend was very interesting.  I love catching up on sleep but was super wired this weekend for some reason.  Part of it was Justin telling me funny stories from his childhood (it's very hard to fall asleep after you just laughed so hard you cried) and part of it was hot and cold flashes.  It's been snowing off and on here for almost a week so on snowy nights I'll get cold and turn the space heater on around 2 am.  Which overheats Justin and he throws his side of the blanket on top of me.  Then I get hot, turn the heater off and the room gets cold again.  It's a vicious cycle.  Hopefully it only lasts for a few more winters- can't wait to move back to the heat.

It was also Justin's birthday last Friday (Happy Birthday Justin!!) so we ate out.  A lot.  Did I gain a couple of pounds in one weekend?  Probably.  We went night skiing at Brighton Friday night where I practiced keeping my skis together (try holding an orange between your knees while sliding downhill, definitely a workout) and Justin showed off his mogul skills.  Seriously, he's good.  I love watching Justin ski and thinking "I've got to look close to that good right?"  Right.  I treated him to some home cooking at Village Inn afterward.  Then his dad took us to the Blue Iguana Saturday night to celebrate some more.  I was slightly disappointed by my chimi (no one beats Guadalajara Grill) but Justin's Steak a la Ranchera was sooo good.  Oh and I went to Olive garden for lunch with Misha.  (Side note: she got a job as an international flight attendant so she'll be flying to Italy 4-5 times a month.  For free!  Perfect job for her!)  Anyway, a lot of food in a short time.  We'll be eating just cereal for a few more meals I'm sure.

Yesterday I was asked to sub for the primary pianist.  When we first moved into the ward I practically begged the bishop to give me that calling.  I can't think of a funner (and let's be honest, easier) calling.  Loved playing for the 2nd ward primary when I lived at home.  Unfortunately, our new ward already had one but I am the backup pianist (score!).  And the regular pianist has been out of town for the past 2 Sundays so I got to fill in.  And of course I have a few funny stories.  Here's my favorite:

The lesson was on families and the kids were given clues to try to guess families from the scriptures.  They got Adam and Eve right off.  The next clue was "we were very old when we had our only son."  A little tough but they could get help from their teachers.  So one of the 7 year old boys asked his teacher and then says "Oh yeah!  Abraham Lincoln!"  Yep, Sariah Todd's husband.
My favorite from 2nd ward:
Teacher- "And what did Joseph Smith do with the golden plates?"
Primary child- "I know!  He laminated it!"
Both kids, so close :)

Hopefully this inspires me to write regularly (and possibly others as well (cough, cough- Amy!)).  And hopefully soon my posts will include illustrations :)

No comments: