Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The One Where March is Madness!!!

Whew!!  What a crazy month!!  March for us was saying goodbye to Grandma and one of the shortest road trips ever, welcoming a new baby to the family (it's about time I posted so I could mention Anistyn's birth.  Congratulations Lisa and Travis!!), my 27th birthday, and the return of UA basketball to the NCAA tournament (and sadly their elimination).

The beginning of the month was a little sad obviously with the passing of Dad's mom.  But I was glad for the chance to go back home to visit again, if only for a few days.  I think Mom said it best when we were dressing Grandma, "She wasn't a typical Grandma, but she was a good Grandma."  It's always interesting to me to hear the stories from people's childhoods when I've only known them as adults.  Who knew Grandma was so ornery?!  What a funny lady!  Love you Grandma!!





With every ending there is a new beginning and I'm excited for Lisa and Travis to welcome their first baby girl.  Can't wait to get to meet her in person (and take some pictures)!  She came close to sharing my birthday but I'll always have the record as the only double digit newborn (and I don't wish breaking that record on anyone!!).  Still March is a great month to be born :)  And where did her dark hair come from?!  So sweet!

My birthday was really fun this year!  Justin surprised me at lunch with a vase of flowers- red and blue for UofA, how sweet!  And they're still alive!  We had some friends (Brock and Carrie) over for dinner to finish off the carne asada Steve sent home with us.  Best fajitas ever!!  I kinda regretted sharing when we finished off the meat but it was sooo good!  And we played Bang (which Mom and Dad gave Justin for his birthday).  That's our current favorite game.  We're using it to create other Bang addicts.  Brock and Carrie have already invited us back over to their house for dinner, as long as we took Bang.  So funny!!  We just taught Paul, Marsha, and Maddy how to play this past Sunday too.  We liked it so much we didn't even play Carcassonne!  Justin gave me my own copy of Carcassonne and a new backpack for backpacking.  That will be sooo nice this summer!!  Last year I just used my school backpack- definitely not made for hiking trips!




 


And speaking of camping, we finally used up our last wedding gift card and bought a grill at REI.  We've had our eye on this grill for a while and found a good deal so we got it.  I think we'll have the inaugural grilling tonight when we feed the missionaries :)  If it stops raining!

I love that it rolls- so easy!! 

  
I loved all my presents but the best one came late when Arizona beat Duke!!  Handedly!!  What a great game!!  I don't think anybody could have beat them that day, they were playing so well.  Too bad it wasn't the championship :(  The good thing about sports is there's always next year right?  Looks like we're in for another good 20+ years of tourney appearances (and hopefully wins) with Sean Miller.  Go Cats!!!




 Bear Down Arizona, Bear Down Red & Blue!  Bear Down Arizona, Hit 'Em Hard Let 'Em Know Who's Who!!  Bear Down Arizona, Bear Down Red & Blue!  Go, Go, Wildcats Go!!  Arizona Bear Down!!!!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Love your posts! You actually beat me - haven't mentioned Anistyn yet but I was originally planning on heading up to meet her today. I changed my mind after the sleep I got night before last - my longest stretch was a borderline 2 hours. Yes, I was EXHAUSTED yesterday. Miraculously, everyone slept through the night last night. Hoping this starts a trend and I can start blogging more.

Congrats on the new grill! Hope you got our birthday wishes! Agreed - the Duke game was awesome. Stinkin' UConn... Would have been sweet if someone had just been able to get one of those final three point attempts to go down.

Glad you're spreading the Bang! word. Great game. We now have a couple more for you. Not quite as good, but fun, nonetheless. And shorter, if you need.