Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The One about Science!

Back in April Justin and I both submitted abstracts about our individual research for consideration for either an oral or poster presentation at a chemistry conference coming up in October.  Last week I received an email saying I had been selected to give an oral presentation.  Score!  This is our first attempt at presenting so it was awesome to be doing more than just a poster.  I ran down to Justin's office (in the dark basement) but he wasn't there.  So I called him and had to leave a voicemail that I had great news.  As we were heading home for lunch Justin tells me he also has great news.  He is one of ten finalists for an award at the conference and if he is one of the top five he also gets to give an oral presentation!  I have to admit I felt a little jealous/deflated because my news didn't seem as great after hearing that but I am really excited for both of us to get some attention for our work.  Yay for Chemistry & Go Coopers!!

No comments: