Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The One with Cindy in the Top Ten!

We won our softball game last night- yay!!  Handedly too: 24-15.  Shouldn't have even been that close.  We had a few errors in the bottom of the 5th that gave them a few extra runs.  It was probably one of our funnest games though.  I got to pitch the whole game and I earned 3 Ks.  Sounds really impressive until I say it was the same girl striking out every time she got up to bat.  I don't think anybody else went down swinging.  (Or more accurately chopping :)

And if you're wondering where the title comes from, here it is.  Since we play in a city league there is an actual paid umpire behind the plate and an official scorekeeper who also tracks stats.  Last night she gave us a list of the top performers in the league, batting-wise.  There are 8 teams and half the players are girls so there are roughly 40 women playing- and I made the list!!  I've never been a big batter but I do usually get on base so I was rather proud of myself :)  I'm actually listed as #12 because 3 of us tied for 10th but it still counts.  I think our team has some of the best girls in the league and we showed it because 4 out of the 12 women listed are on our team.  Go Mutants!!  (I didn't come up with the name)

No comments: