Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The One with Red & Blue

I love Americana decor and since our kitchen is already basically decorated in red and blue (meaning there were red gingham curtains on the window when I moved in and I bought a blue rug 3 years ago) I thought the kitchen would be a great place to show our patriotism.  It also doesn't hurt that this combination is UA's colors- Go Cats!! :)  These probably won't be our table and chairs forever but they're what we have now so I decided to spruce them up a little.  What do you guys think?  And what should I do to the table?  Amy warned me if I painted the chairs I'd want to paint the table to match.  She was right.  It looks even more yellow-toned than it did before.  I'm open to suggestions :)

The red isn't quite this bright in real life.
I can't even decide how to hide the ugly table now.
Red tablecloth?
Or blue?

On another indecisive note, a few weeks ago we went to a ceramic store called Color Me Mine for our friend Carrie's birthday.  I've never been to one of those before and I will admit it was really fun.  It took FOR-EV-ER for Justin and I to decide on what ceramic to paint and even longer to choose what to paint it.  I think this was a good compromise.  And it matches the kitchen.  Well at least half of it does :)  I'm such a perfectionist they had to tell me to stop painting so they could close.  But check out those block letters!  We can't wait for football season to start so we can show it off.


Unfortunately since we got kicked out the border isn't as nice
as I'd like but at least the red stripe looks good :)
 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Okay, now I'm caught up. Why not go with a white tablecloth with alternating red and blue stars (or block A's!) around the edge?

Yes, it's Wendy. Blogger always signs me out when I visit other blogs. Blast!