My absolute favorite thing about Makayla is her imagination. She has endless ideas for entertaining herself. And usually everyone else around her.
I wasn't present for this story but I think it's so funny it needs to be included. One time Amy (you can correct me if I get something wrong) called me after being in the car with Makayla and said they had passed a bunch of chickens on the side of the road. Apparently they did this quite often and so Makayla named one of them Brownie and he would sometimes "appear" in the car with them or back at home. Yes, Makayla's imaginary friend was a chicken. When they got home Makayla wanted a piece of cheese (Makayla eat cheese? Of course. It's probably her favorite food!). She was probably only 3 at the time and so eventually the cheese got mangled and disgusting. She tried to give it back to Amy and said "I don't want this anymore. Brownie bokked on it!" I'm not sure what a chicken's clucking does to a piece of cheese but apparently you can't eat it afterward.
Makayla is so loving. Be it animals or cousins she is always there to help.
Since Kaden had the Milk song on his post I thought it only fair that my favorite Makayla song be posted. When I went to Girls' State after junior year of high school we would sing "camp songs." That is where I learned "The Moose Song" also known as "Way-Yo." Eventually I taught Makayla and she loved it! But she was too young to pronounce all the words so when she sang it, it went like this "way-o way-o way-o way-o way-o." Not much of a tune and even more unfortunately no dance moves but you could randomly hear her sing this chorus while playing by herself in the other room.
This is one of my proudest pictures. Makayla is so good at entertaining herself she sat still the whole time I was french braiding her hair! Now if she would only let us touch her head now...











No comments:
Post a Comment