Just recently I was telling Justin that I have talked to many of my married friends who agree that men revert to childhood after marriage. I wouldn't say babies because they can walk and talk and are thankfully potty trained, but I swear they lose 87% of their self-sufficiency. It's good practice for future children I guess and good material for the next installment of Crappy Pictures. (I honestly didn't think I would make another one of these posts but this was too good not to.)
I was unable to find the book I need for my next Book Club meeting at the school library so I had the brilliant idea to try the city library. It's a really cool building as you can see and has won awards for being the best library in the country.
So after dinner Justin was kind enough to join me on my first visit to this awesome library. I don't know why it took me so long to visit, I love books! Anyway, I figured I could get a card, find the book and check it out in less than 10 minutes so I didn't need to bring my cell phone right? Wrong!! It's always those times that I think I can just leave it at home that I really, really need my phone. And every time I do bring it, it never rings. But back to the story. Here we are, skipping in the beautiful spring air to the library.
Note that Justin actually has an F on his shirt so you know that this story is completely, 100% accurate. The information desk is right inside the door so naturally, being a woman, I walk right up and tell them what I need. Note that Justin is RIGHT BEHIND ME.
They were very helpful and told me what to do. I decided to try to look up the location of the book I needed first but ironically you need a library card to log on to the library computers. Go figure. At this point Justin is still RIGHT BESIDE ME. So I decide I will just get the card first and ask the librarian to look up the book for me. Genius!
You may notice that acquiring the library card took all of 2 minutes. You may also notice that Justin is now NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! Good grief. I have no idea when I lost him. This is what it's like to have a 3 year old huh? So now I have my card in hand, the librarian has informed me that both copies of the book have been checked out and I have lost Justin. I waited around for a few minutes then asked the nice info desk people if they'd seen where he went. No dice. But they inform me that there is only one exit so within the next 15 minutes they will be closing and Justin will have no choice but to exit through the door I am currently staking out. Meanwhile, this is what Justin was doing.
I am the pink X- not moving. Justin is the blue X that has now wandered up to the second floor. When he finally came back down I have to admit I was a tad frustrated. And by tad I mean slightly ticked. Until Justin explained that he had gone upstairs looking for my book only to be trapped by the second floor librarian who gave him a lot of information that did not include the fact that both copies had already been checked out. How can you stay mad at someone who's just trying to help you out? That is a type of childlike-ness I can handle!


No comments:
Post a Comment