Thanks to Wendy I have read a few posts (ok, all of them now. Hi, my name is Cindy and I'm a blog stalker.) from the hilarious blog Parenting: Illustrated with Crappy Pictures. Even though I'm not a parent (yet, we'll throw that in for Mom), I love how she can take an everyday event and make it real and stinkin' funny at the same time. It made me think of the things Justin and I do that drive each other crazy but I'm sure happen to every single other married couple; Marriage: Illustrated with Crappy Pictures. For example, sleeping (and cleaning, there's a fair amount of that in this story too).
When Justin and I got married he had a twin(!) bed and I (thankfully) had a queen. Guess whose bed we sleep in? I warned him from the start that since I'd been sleeping in a queen all by myself for so long I was used to taking up a lot of space but I'd try my best to stick to my half. I'll be honest, most of the time that does not happen. This is what it looks like on the surface when we go to bed:
And this is what it really looks like:
No, my right leg isn't really that long but I'm sure this is how Justin feels most of the time. That's ok though because that's just how the night starts. This is how it ends:
Yep, I'm the one not smiling in my sleep anymore because I'm not asleep. I've woken up at 4:30 in the morning because it's winter in Utah and I'm cold. I could be warm, but somehow 98% of the blankets are now covering Justin. I steal enough back to tuck around my body but there is still a huge pile draped off Justin's side of the bed. I don't care though because it's 4:30. AM.
Before we got married I would wake up in the morning and immediately make my bed. It didn't take long. I don't really move in my sleep so all I had to do was flip up the corner of the sheets and rearrange my pillows. It looked like this every day:
You could bounce a quarter off those sheets.
I usually wake up about half an hour before Justin because girls take longer to get ready (stupid makeup). But mostly because I hate hitting the snooze button over and over. I set my alarm for the latest time possible to begin with. Justin does not subscribe to this method. Which means he gets up last. Which means the bed now looks like this every day:
I miss bouncing quarters.
Update: I showed Justin this post and he almost peed his pants laughing so hard- must mean it's true. He also mentioned that the drawings are not only crappy but slightly inaccurate, we do wear pajamas to bed!
1 comment:
Hahahahahaha. Love this! You guys are my favorite.
Post a Comment