Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The One with Thing 16


What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?

This one is kind of hard.  I’ve done a lot of things in my life (well, to some extent.  I'm only 28!) but I wouldn’t necessarily call all of them “accomplishments.”

  1. Convincing (aka telling) Justin to propose to me.  In case you don’t know and in spite of the fact that we are ridiculously good together, I actually gave Justin an ultimatum that if he didn’t at least show a sign of proposing soon I was moving on.  Little did I know that the ultimatum was unnecessary because he’d had a ring for a month and was just waiting for the right time to give it to me.  We really do work hard on our marriage and I’m proud of the strong foundation we’ve built.
  2. My education- graduating at the top of my class from high school, finishing college in 4 years without losing my scholarship and hopefully earning a PhD soon!
  3. Changing my own oil and what it represents to me.  I am a big proponent of being self-sufficient and car maintenance is part of that.  And I have to admit, I love the looks I get from men when they hear I can do stuff like that on my own.  I think people used to be a lot more independent and capable though.  We still can be!
  4. Standing up for myself and others.  I used to be incredibly shy when I was little.  I cried a lot in elementary school and I just wished nobody would notice me at all.  I’ve tried to become more assertive and confident.  When I say things like “I was class president in high school” or “I want to be a volleyball official again” those are big things for me.
  5. Ok, I can't think of anything else.  If you can, put it in the comments :)

No comments: