Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The One with Things 13 & 14


Describe 5 weaknesses you have.

Oh goodness.  Who wants to answer this one?

  1. I am horrible at reading analog clocks.  If I ask someone what time it is and they hold out their wrist with a non-digital watch on it I might as well say “Never mind.”
  1. Bossiness.  99% of the time I think that my way is the best way and don’t understand why nobody else does it exactly like me.  I’m always working on this one.
  2. Frisbee.  I suck at throwing Frisbees!  As in really, really suck.  As in it is shocking how bad my aim is even with complete focus.  I have honestly thrown it behind myself, 180 degrees from the intended target.  No idea how.  I warned Justin the first time we went out to play and he didn’t believe me.  Afterward he basically said “I had no idea anyone could be that bad at Frisbee!”
This picture was too funny not to include but that is sadly not me.  I look nowhere close to this cool when I'm playing Frisbee :)
  1. Procrastination.  I think I actually work better under the wire.  Our first year of grad school Justin and I had to write papers for our Bioanalytical class.  They were supposed to be fairly long, at least 5 pages.  Justin was a good boy and finished his two days before it was due.  I started mine the night before.  The funny thing is I got a better grade, like 15 points better.  Why start earlier when I know I can spend 4 hours and still get an A?
  2. I can hold a grudge like you wouldn’t believe.  Not that I’m actually proud of this.  I just find it hard to forgive people once they’ve hurt me deeply.  More like I find it hard to forget what they did.  It’s the whole “fool me twice” thing.  That will never happen because “fool me once” and we’re done.

Describe 5 strengths you have.


This is almost as bad as admitting weaknesses because now I feel like I'm bragging.

  1. Spelling and math.  So sad that these are actually the first two things that came to mind.
  2. Loving my family.  I just freakin’ love being around them!
  3. Organizing.  I find this one kinda funny since I used to be so messy when I was a kid.  Amy and I were just laughing the other day about how I once left a cheese crisp on my bed and got bit by the ants it attracted a few nights later.  I can’t believe I did that!!
  4. Getting the job done.  I may procrastinate a lot but I rarely leave things unfinished.  If it’s a DIY or craft project you can also be sure that it is done right.  I always measure twice and cut once and I’m such a perfectionist if I notice a dropped stitch I’ll tear out seven rows to go back and fix it.
  5. Achieving goals.  I’ve set some pretty high goals for myself throughout my life and I generally achieve them.  Like making school sports teams or graduating valedictorian or even just going skydiving.  Check, check, check.

No comments: