Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The One at Bell's Canyon

I guess this hike has become an annual thing for us now.  Last year one of Justin's group members told him about this hike so we went.  It was gorgeous!  A little steep at the end but the waterfall is sooo worth it.  Good thing he didn't tell me before we went that the previous Sunday (which was sadly Father's Day weekend last year) 3 people had gone over the waterfall and only 1 survived.  Crazy!  And randomly the one survivor was rescued by 2 employees of the chem department.  Who'da thunk?  Anyway, random tangent over.  Here are some pics of our most recent trip to Bell's waterfall.  We went with my friend Camille and her now fiance Ben.  (September is turning out to be a busy wedding month for us! :)
This is a pretty picture but you definitely
don't want to go over these falls!

This is what the top looks like.  You can see why people fall-
they think they can make that jump.  I'm tellin' ya, you can't.

Because pretty soon you hit this.

And then you land on this.  Ouch!

Justin likes to pose in the outdoors.

Camille and Ben :)


We were trying to get a cool picture of Camille in a dance pose.

Got it!!

The sky is so blue it looks fake!!





One of the few things I will miss about Utah :(


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't seem to post unless I'm "anonymous." Not sure why google hates me. This is Andrea, by the way. Where is Bell's Canyon? It is gorgeous. Also, when are leaving Utah? Come to FL!

Wendy said...

I'm anonymous too, Andrea! Not sure why Google hates us. We're really nice people...

Nice photos, Cindy! Those are gorgeous pictures. Even then, I'm sure they don't due the falls justice. How scary that people went over them. How sad.

And who can bend like that? Seriously? Congrats to your friends on their engagement! August seems to be a pretty busy month around here. We finally get caught up on getting gifts out and then another announcement finds its way to our mailbox.

Anonymous said...

I have to be "anonymous" on my own blog! I've tried a million different things and it doesn't seem to be making commenting any easier- sorry!
Andrea- we'll be in FL for Christmas for at least a week (have I told you this already?). We'll definitely have to plan a few get togethers. And Bell's Canyon is only like 20 minutes from our house- one of the advantages of Utah :)