For such a harsh, unpromising name Desolation Lake is actually really pretty. This was the destination of my first backpacking trip with Justin the summer after our first year in grad school. Ah the memories :) You may recognize the trail from our Wasatch Crest biking pictures because (surprise) it's the same one! This trip was our last of the season (sniff) and another one of our rather last minute decisions.
It was a fun trip, although not too eventful except for the Mountain Man race. I'm pretty sure that's not the name but there is a race through the Wasatch Front that is 100 miles long and you have to finish in less than 36 hours (or something crazy like that). We passed all the runners in this race going the wrong way but it was interesting to see how many (crazy fool) people were doing it, carrying water bottles in each hand and wearing reflective sweatshirts. There were check in stations along the way and one of the volunteers said that someone ran the hundred miles in just over 17 hours a few years ago. Crazy!! I will never understand marathon runners.
On to the pictures!
| This part of the trail is right below the spine. Much easier to walk than bike. |
| We got a beautiful spot because... no one else was there :) |
| Mmmmm, oatmeal! |
| There is no explanation for this. I'm just silly :) |
| Aren't we cute?! I love my husband!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment