Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Monday, October 24, 2011

The One where Fall has Fallen

It is definitely getting colder here in Utah.  While we were at FACSS two weeks ago the first snow fell on the mountains and it is still hanging out up there.  While I don't necessarily like the weather that comes with changing seasons or the fact that we will soon be stuck with indoor sports/activities only, I do enjoy the beautiful fall colors.  Justin and I went on possibly our last bike ride of the year this past Saturday up Millcreek Canyon.  It was gorgeous!!  Changing aspens are by far our favorite trees.  I love the splashes of color they add to the side of the mountain.

Dog Lake (again)



On the trail!
 









My silly husband!  Justin really wanted a picture of him throwing up leaves :)
 


This last picture is actually of Grandma Sabol's fence.  After we got back down from the mountain Justin and I went over to help her rake up some leaves.  It didn't look like there were that many but we filled up the whole trash can!

I think I am actually going to miss mountain biking this winter :(  The more we go and the better I get the more I really enjoy this sport.  Sadly, I did not break my record to the top on this trip but I did previously set a new one- 40 minutes 31 seconds!!  Here's a picture of the bridge that really isn't that small, but is the bane of my trail riding existence.


Both sides just have such tight entrances and who wants to fall 2 feet down into a creek?!  This time it was covered in leaves too which made it extra tricky.

No comments: