I hate losing things. I mean, I really really hate when I lose things. I have no patience for myself when it comes to that. So this past weekend was especially hard because I lost my UCard (my student ID). It probably wouldn't be that big of a deal except, as a grad student, my UCard is my key to get in to all the facilities on campus where I fabricate/characterize my samples. This makes getting a new card quite a hassle. I was especially mad because this semester I splurged on the Fitpass at the rec center (a $60 sticker that lets you in to all of the classes they offer) and they informed me that even though they have a record of me buying a Fitpass, I would have to purchase a new one to continue attending classes. Not fair! I didn't understand that and definitely didn't want to pay again.
All weekend I kept retracing my steps and searching every place I could think I'd been before losing my card. Finally I decided to really search our hungry couch. I call it hungry because it literally eats anything. If you have something in your pocket you want to keep, don't sit on the couch because I guarantee it will fall between the cushions.
I had already looked underneath with a flashlight and stuck my hand in every place it would fit to no avail so as a last resort I flipped the couch over. This is where the story gets good. No I didn't find my card but I did find my long lost bluetooth!
The one Steve gave me for Christmas and I thought I'd accidentally donated to DI a few weeks after. The one Steve gave me for Christmas 2010!! Yep, it's been resting in the belly of our couch for over a year. I've missed wireless cell phone usage!
I had already looked underneath with a flashlight and stuck my hand in every place it would fit to no avail so as a last resort I flipped the couch over. This is where the story gets good. No I didn't find my card but I did find my long lost bluetooth!
The one Steve gave me for Christmas and I thought I'd accidentally donated to DI a few weeks after. The one Steve gave me for Christmas 2010!! Yep, it's been resting in the belly of our couch for over a year. I've missed wireless cell phone usage!
And now to answer the burning question, yes I did find my card. I needed to return a book to the library and thought "it wouldn't hurt to ask." Lo and behold, someone found it and actually turned it in!! I definitely felt a disproportionately large sense of relief and excitement to see it again. Yay for honest people! And yay for pilates! I'm so excited to be able to go to class again!


No comments:
Post a Comment