Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Friday, March 23, 2012

The One with the Busy-ness

March is madness!  (Sadly, not for Arizona this year.  Seriously boys, how did your season end so badly?!)  I knew this month was going to be crazy heading into it, and it won't stop until about mid-April, but I am exhausted!  I'm sure I'll do another catch up post with some pictures later but just in case here's what we have been up to.

Justin presented his latest research at Pittcon.  It's one of the bigger national conferences so I was excited for him.  He didn't win an award this time but it still looks nice on the resume.  And it was in Orlando so he was able to see some friends and family and we didn't have to pay for the ticket :)  He was a little upset when he got back though because to pass the time I went skiing with some friends and mountain biking by myself twice.  I also finally finished organizing the spare room (for the umpteenth time, we need to stop getting new stuff.), scrubbed the bathroom, washed every scrap of laundry in the apartment, filled our windshield washer fluid reservoirs, etc.  I clean when I'm bored and I was definitely bored without my husband.  I hate when we're apart!

I turned 28 just one week ago.  28!!  I understand a little more now about why Justin freaked out about 30.  I just don't feel that old.  While Justin was gone I "had" to run some errands and walked in to Payless.  I saw the cutest pair of tan heels and Justin said (via text) that I could get them for my bday.  He loves me.  He also treated me to dinner at the Melting Pot, one of the restaurants on our "must eat at" list.  It was so fun!  And delicious.  We actually got so full we didn't eat dessert.  Someday we'll go back for some chocolate fondue :)

This week I am attending the ACS (American Chemical Society) conference in San Diego.  I actually flew in early to attend a workshop at UC-Irvine and get to take the train (I know, Justin's so jealous I get to ride a train) to SD tomorrow.  This means that Justin and I have been apart basically half of this month.  Half!!  One day is too long.  I guess it's good preparation for our 8 day separation when I go to London.  London baby!!  I need to catch up on some sleep before then.

1 comment:

Jared and Andrea said...

Happy Birthday! You definitely deserve those shoes. So sad I don't get to see you next week.