When Justin and I got married we talked a lot about what was important to us. For me, it's a clean house (in some ways I'm worse than Monica Geller). For Justin, it's staying active. And if you know Justin you know this is true. He has more energy than a 3 year old. Or the Energizer bunny. Unfortunately my idea of "active" and his idea of "active" don't always agree. For that matter, neither does our definition of "clean." Luckily for Justin though, I am much more likely to be active when it's warm outside so we have definitely been taking advantage of the (finally) beautiful weather here in Utah and gone on lots of hiking and biking trips. We are outdoors so much I actually have a tan! Woohoo! (To be perfectly honest it is a faded sunburn and now that I have finally peeled the tan is almost nonexistent :( ) I was going to put all the pictures in one post but that would make it ridiculously long so look for multiple new posts coming up in the next few days.
We've hit up the Dog Lake trail a few more times and I set a new time record! Last year my fastest time up the trail was just over 43 minutes and last week I came in at 42:31! Yay for me!! Let's just ignore the fact here that Justin can do the trail by himself in just over half an hour, the big stinker! I refuse to compare my biking skills to his as I will probably (or more accurately definitely) never catch up. Justin never complains though and always goes at my speed. He is an excellent teacher! With as much patience as he has energy :) I would highly recommend learning to bike or ski from him. Anyway, on this particular trip Justin was laughing at me because right near the end he told me "we're at 42 minutes" and I knew I didn't have much time if I wanted to set a new record. So I kicked my bike into 3-3 (which is a pretty high gear, especially for uphill) and screamed all the way to the end of the trail. Thankfully there weren't any other bikers nearby or they would have thought I was crazy! I consider my time quite the accomplishment also since there is one bridge on the trail left for me to conquer. I never cross it on my bike. It's at least 16" wide but is so much smaller in my head and I fake Justin out every time by speeding right up to it and chickening out at the last second. Then I hop off and carry my bike across. Going both directions. I think I've actually done harder obstacles on other trails but this bridge was one of my first trail fears and I just can't do it. Maybe someday I'll post a video and then we'll all laugh at how ridiculously easy it actually is. Maybe.
Now if only I can use the upcoming cooler weather to teach Justin some cleaning tricks...
Now if only I can use the upcoming cooler weather to teach Justin some cleaning tricks...
No comments:
Post a Comment