Yes, three parts. I warned you this was an eventful Christmas! Disney World was indeed exhausting but Justin and I were able to sleep in the next day before we drove up to Gainesville for the Florida-FSU basketball game. Justin's cousin Carlos came with us and of course the two alumni had to walk around campus reminiscing. Why do we all like walking around the campus of our alma mater? It's not like we particularly enjoyed that while actually going to school! Ok, I admit it. I do it too when we go to Tucson :)
| The three Heisman winners from UF. Tim Tebow's statue (left) was added recently and Justin and Carlos were really excited about it. |
| The statue was very detailed. Tebow's cheeks actually read "John 3:16." |
Back to the trip. Before the game we hit up Satchel's Pizza for dinner. Justin warned me it was a bit hippy but delicious! Both warnings were true. Check out the mosaic table and the van booth. Really good pizza though.
| This is an actual table you can sit at to eat! Hilarious! Probably a good idea when a FL afternoon downpour hits. |
The trip was worth it as Florida beat FSU by 18 points! It was a good game. I also liked when the Gator mascots, Albert and Alberta, came out dressed as Santa and Mrs. Clause.
| Although the giant Gator logo isn't quite as nice as a big block A it does make for pretty cool center court decoration :) |
One of the presents I got to open in SLC was tickets to the Straight No Chaser concert on the 23rd. So the day after the Florida game we drove to Tampa (my first voyage over to the Gulf Coast). I wish I'd taken some pictures of the theater because it was a really pretty building but this is even better; SNC actually encourages posting videos of their concerts so here are some Christmas songs for ya. I would also recommend their version of Madonna's "Like a Prayer" and mash up of "Billie Jean/Poison." These guys are very entertaining. After busting out with a beautiful and soulful "Like a Prayer" one of them said "Nothing like 10 guys hanging out, belting a little Madonna on the weekend."
If it sounds as good as SNC singing it, I have no problem with that :)
If it sounds as good as SNC singing it, I have no problem with that :)
We were up in the balcony, so kind of far back but they still sounded great and the stage was cool! |
Next up: Christmas Day- the Final Installment.
No comments:
Post a Comment