That's right folks, I am now officially the primary pianist for our family ward! Yay!! This is my favorite calling ever! Not just because there is little to no preparation on my part (well, 5 years of piano lessons) but because the kids are just so darn funny! I am also amazed at how much they really do learn from sharing and singing times.
I served as the primary pianist for a little over a year when I moved back home prior to starting grad school and absolutely loved it. I was a little sad to give it up and go back to the singles ward where it wasn't even an option. After Justin and I got married I will admit I tried to lobby for it but was called as a ward missionary instead. That was enjoyable because Justin is the ward mission leader so at least we worked together. At the beginning of January we had a meeting with the bishop and he accidentally let slip that I was going to be called as the pianist. I was currently filling in for the calling anyway but it wasn't until this past weekend that it became official. The funniest thing is that I went to my weekly step aerobics class (yes, it is very 80's but no one wears leotards. Maybe we should...) on Saturday morning with my friend Ashley, who just happens to be the primary president. She said she had such a hard time keeping it a secret (too bad I'd already known for 3 weeks) and was really excited I'll be in primary every Sunday now.
And this is why I love the calling so much. During sharing time (when my job is pretty much done) I was helping pass some papers out. After I sat back down one of the 3 year old Sunbeam girls came up, pointed to the sequins on my shirt and said "Your shirt is bee-yoo-ti-ful!" So cute!!
1 comment:
I have to say I was very excited to read this post. I know how much it means to you and I am so happy for you.
Post a Comment