Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The One where Justin Says the Darndest Things

I truly love my husband.  And you know why?  Because he makes me laugh.  Hard.  So hard it's actually silent, I'm shaking and tears are streaming down my cheeks.  Remember the Gollum post?  Stuff like that happens all the time around here.  Like ghetto dancing- we've got skillz.  A few things have happened recently that I thought had to make it to the blog.

We were watching tv after dinner one night (Have I mentioned this is a regular occurrence?  We are super cool.) when something weird/extraordinary happened on ESPN and Justin said "What the Coop?!"  Pretty sure he was going for "What the poop?!" (the clean version of Steve's "What the eff?").  Hmmm, maybe you had to be there but his tone/expression were hilarious when he realized what he'd actually said.  And I almost fell off the couch :)

Did you know we live in Utah?  Where it's freakin' cold?!  Here's Justin's solution to warming up his feet before bed:

Yes, that is my mop bucket and yes, I have since bought him a wider, shallow bucket specifically for feet warming.
Our first Christmas together Justin got tickets to the MoTab Christmas concert.  The "dancers" are probably our favorite part because the moves are extremely simple and extremely funny.  About a week or two after the concert Justin came in to my living room with both hands clasped in front of him, took a few steps, flung his arms out to either side while simultaneously hopping and reclasped them, all with the most serene expression on his face!  Bwahahaha!!  That was the main move from the Christmas concert.  To this day we will randomly walk across a room like this and it always elicits laughter.

There is one final story that I have practically begged Justin to let me post (aka tell everyone we know) but he vehemently forbids me from doing so.  Let's just say it involves his deep-rooted love for all things Star Trek as a young child and maybe, just maybe, if you ask him face-to-face you'll get to hear it :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Okay, that one made me laugh. I'm going to have to use, "What the Coop?!" the next time we're with you guys!

Nice bucket! But it almost seems like your feet would then be colder when you take them out because then they're wet!

Star Trek it is...

Jared and Andrea said...

I am still laughing and I can relate. It is very evident that our husbands were childhood friends since such shenanigans are regular occurrences around here. We love you guys. I am so sad that I don't get to go to CA. Boo to that.