This is the last post mentioning Christmas :( It was so fun to get to spend so much time with my family- over a week! That doesn't happen very often. Here's what we did after Christmas.
The day after Christmas about half of us went up the mountain to play in the snow. It hadn't actually snowed in a while so it was hard and crusty in most places (unlike the soft flakes that are continuing to fall here in SLC!) but the kids had fun anyway. I'm not sure what Dillon is doing here but he sure looks funny! And cute!
I love Kaden's shirt!
"I brought the awesome, what did you bring?"
Bwahahahaha!!
Makayla was trying to make it look like it was snowing.
Hard to do with chunks of ice.
Justin's gonna kill me but hey, if you stick your bootie out when I'm taking pictures it will be posted!!
I think Trevy likes the snow less than I do!
A few of us actually ventured across the creek and hiked the trail at the top of this picture. We turned around once Ray, Justin and I all ended up carrying children.
How cute is this?! Mom has a bucket with toys specifically for the younger ones and Seth used this helicopter as a sippy holder. So clever!!
A few weeks before Christmas I read a blog where a family played Minute to Win It games at their holiday party. I thought it would be fun and picked a few I thought the little ones could do. The first game was Rudolph. We hung red pom-poms from the garage ceiling and put Vaseline on the kids' noses. They had to get the pom to stick for 3 seconds. I think Callie actually did it first and Makayla was able to do it too. It made for some cute pictures :)
The poms look like I added them using Photoshop or something. I promise I didn't! They're really stuck to noses here. Adorable!
Besides playing games my family likes to... play games. Sports, that is. Dad has keys to the church and we utilized the gym a few times. I gave Makayla some volleyball pointers and the men even let me crash their basketball games. I think they were just a little hard up to keep the teams even. We also gathered up all the kids one day and headed over to the church softball fields which are conveniently located around the corner from M&D's house.
We are a big group and this is only half that went.
The slow half :)
I think my parents are wonderful grandparents. They just love their "grands." You can find them playing with the kids at any time. So excited for our future children to have such loving grandparents (on both sides) who will always welcome them with a plate of freshly baked cookies :)
The sad part about setting up the swingset the day before Christmas was that we were missing a few pieces. Pieces for the tire swing and slide of all things! The kids kept asking when we were going to put up the slide. We had to wait for the pieces to come in the mail and it took a couple days but the final setup is awesome! There's even a rope ladder that hangs just to the left of the slide that wasn't up yet when I took this picture.
Steve's family was the first to have to leave :( Mom took these adorable Christmas pictures of Beadie before they took off though. She loves to stick her tongue out!
Merry Christmas!!
Justin and I stayed through Saturday. Before we left Mom gave me a sewing lesson on my new Bernina :) It actually took us a while to figure out how to turn it on. Turned out that the electric socket wasn't working! Phew!
I got some practice fixing a hole in the arm of one of Justin's shirts and Dad was kind enough to let me practice on his pajama pants. I think I did a pretty good job and have been thinking of craft projects that involve using my sewing machine. I love it!!
I'm currently counting the days until graduation because 1- that means I will no longer be a student (ever again!) and 2- I get to see my family again. Come on May!!









No comments:
Post a Comment