Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Thursday, January 17, 2013

The One with Even More Snow!

I know I've already posted about the snow once this winter but we're on record track.  How much has it snowed in SLC since December?  Two truck beds-ful!!  Here's the second for proof:


Here's our front walk after the latest big snow. Our landlord is super nice and keeps it shoveled for us.

Here's a shot of the top of that tree next to our walk.  It's really pretty but flurries and snowballs fall off every time we walk underneath so we always keep our hoods up even if it's not actually snowing.

Our little street/Winter Wonderland.


And of course, the snow-meter, Jimmy.

I haven't driven him in a while and you can tell.  Look at the snow drifts built up around him.  The ground is clear underneath so you can see that the snow is almost 2 feet deep.  I scraped off a little snow so you could see how high it had piled on top of the cab.

That's the side mirror!

And my feet!  Where are my shoes?!


I haven't been driving my car because we take Justin's to school.  Which means his car looks like this.  Ewww.

Yep. That's right.  The snow has built up so thick the tire is rubbing against it as we drive!

Snow is not so pretty when it's dirty.  And turns to slush.  When the roads are slushy our cars look like this:

Then it freezes and I have fun kicking off an ice block the size of a transmission!  This thing was huge!!!

This is the stadium lot at school where Justin and I park every morning.  Last Monday they were still trying to clear out snow from the weekend.  They had a couple of plows and these front loaders that would pick up the snow pile and drop it along the edge of the lot.

The piles were taller than me!

This pile is actually at the top of a hill so the front side doesn't really look that bad...

but the back side is taaaall.  They pile snow up on this hill every winter to get it out of the way.  That slope is just grass and a few pine trees right by a couple of sidewalks.  In the spring when that snow pile finally melts you can find all kinds of goodies in the grass.  Like plastic bottle caps, hairties, even gloves.  If it's small and got dropped in the parking lot, odds are it's in this pile of snow and you can get it back in 4-5 months.

A post without a cute picture of Justin?  Nope.  Here he is!  I walk him to school every morning, drop of awesome :)


No comments: