**I almost forgot about these posts! Working on the Christmas one and that should be up soon but enjoy #23 in the meantime :)
List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them. (Again, sorry this is a close repeat to my favorite passions. I tried to add different stories/details for ya.)
List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them. (Again, sorry this is a close repeat to my favorite passions. I tried to add different stories/details for ya.)
Reading.
I have always been a big reader.
When I was little Mom used to take all of us kids on trips to the
library every Saturday. She seriously
brought a box to carry all the books home in and we always checked out the same
number so she could be certain that all the books were returned. I am definitely going to do this with my own
kids. I think I used to check out 8-10
books a week myself. I read all the R.L.
Stine Goosebumps and then progressed
to Fear Street. I’ve read every Babysitter’s Club and Boxcar
Children book that the library had.
Sometimes I would choose a topic and read all the books they had on that
subject. The summer before my sophomore
year of high school I really got into Greek mythology and then we did a unit on
it in my English class. At one point I
(who never raised my hand voluntarily) interrupted class to tell my teacher
that it’s pronounced Ag-a-mem-non and that Achilles dishonored Hector’s body by
dragging it behind his war chariot.
Right now I’m working through a list of “classics” that I haven’t read
yet and I’ve finally met a book I couldn’t finish. Apparently I just don’t appreciate Hemingway. I think the fact that I wrote a ridiculously
long paragraph about reading and books is explanation itself that it’s my
favorite hobby.
Crafting/DIY. I’ve always liked crocheting and scrapbooking
but I’ve recently really gotten into homemade gifts. They’re not actually always less expensive
but they are more meaningful. And fun to
make. The siblings in my family have
always done a Christmas gift exchange/rotation.
Mom started it when we were little and we’ve just kept it going. A few years ago I had Steve for Christmas and
since he’s the man who buys himself whatever he wants/needs, he can be hard to
buy for. Justin and I went to the
Festival of Trees and I saw the funniest saying that I knew would be perfect
for Steve so I made him a Christmas wall
hanging using the quote. That was the beginning and now
I start working on Christmas presents in January.
Cleaning/organizing. Most people probably wouldn’t consider this a
hobby but I get in “cleaning moods” quite often. I figure if it’s something you actually
randomly have a desire to do then it’s a hobby.
I think I’ve organized our spare room (aka REI/Joann’s outlet) at least
3 times since we got married. I actually
enjoy the process (most of the time, no one likes cleaning toilets) and I love
the end result. I also google cleaning
tips and follow organizational blogs.
I’m crazy.
Sports. I don’t actually like exercising but I like
being healthy. Playing a sport is the
best way to exercise because it’s fun so you don’t realize how hard your body
is working. Volleyball is definitely my
favorite but it’s so hard to find 11 other people who all know how to play
correctly or competitively. It’s really
hard for me to play volleyball with people who just “want to have fun.” It’s fun when you play well! I can totally understand the other side
though because I really suck at Frisbee and am definitely just out on the field
to run around and yell which probably ticks some people off.
Hanging out with my hubby. Even though we live together I can still miss
him and always want to be with him.
Sometimes when I’m making dinner I make him come sit in the kitchen and
talk to me or I’ll sit next to him while I read my book. Just because I miss him. We still really enjoy doing things together
as much as possible. Obviously we bike
and camp and ski together but we also take Sunday walks and play games. Rummikub is kind of hard with only two people
but we’ll play for hours. We’re super
cute :)
Other random things I like doing: crosswords, trivia games, hair (I am always braiding my nieces' hair when we're in AZ), shopping and woodworking.
Other random things I like doing: crosswords, trivia games, hair (I am always braiding my nieces' hair when we're in AZ), shopping and woodworking.
No comments:
Post a Comment