Check out my new sewing machine! I bought this computer table from DI when I moved up to SLC for $20 and had plans to use it as a craft table. Mostly I store crafts on top of and underneath it. The big black bag underneath is full of scrapbooking tools, paper, etc. I have now found the perfect crafty use for it- my sewing table!
Love my new machine!!
And I've already made my first project at home! For some reason Justin's ski goggles have a storage bag and mine did not. To keep them nice and unscratched I kept the box. That was a pain and the box was starting to fall apart after three years. So I came up with an idea to use up one of the fabric remnants that I randomly pick up at Joann's. This fabric is sooo cute but was a really small piece. So small my original plan for it was just for a baby headband. It was long though so I cut it in half and sewed the two pieces together to make one tall piece of fabric. I sewed a tube at the top for a drawsting. Then I just folded it in half and hemmed two of the open edges like a pillowcase. And voila!! Adorable and fuzzy goggle bag!
They fit!!
And guess what? This bag works for other things too. Like my yoga mat :)
I used another remnant piece I had (I knew those would come in handy some day!). This time I made the drawstring out of a long piece of the fabric folded in half and sewn together. It makes a sturdier handle than ribbon. I also sewed one end of it into the tube at the top. So one end of the drawstring tube is closed and the handle is attached to it. Isn't this fabric fun and yoga-y :)
The other end of the handle is attached at the bottom of the bag so there is enough room to put my mat inside but when it's pulled tight it's the perfect length handle! I love it!!
Now I just need to learn how to follow a pattern.
No comments:
Post a Comment