Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The One with Apologies and Agilent

So... my computer is on the fritz.  Hence, no recent blog updates.  Sorry.  There's the apology.  I was doing so well there for a while because I made a bunch of posts and scheduled them to publish once a day.  Genius!!  Right now my monitor will only stay on for 7-15 minutes however which is not long enough to do much of anything.  Hopefully we can get it fixed soon but I thought I'd tell you all about something super exciting that I can't believe I haven't posted earlier!!

I know I've already told a few people but I also wanted to write this down for memory's sake.  Back in July Justin was invited to give a talk at Agilent, a chemical company in San Jose, CA.  Awesome!!  I have never heard of a grad student being invited to do anything like this.  A woman who is in charge of a research group at this CA location heard about Justin's research which is similar to her own work.  Not only did they pay for him to fly out and give a talk but they've offered to help fund some of Justin's research, like sending samples and what-not.  Seriously, this is super cool!  So Justin flew out on a Tuesday and was supposed to be back the next afternoon but after his talk they asked him if he could stay longer!  He must have really impressed them :)  He ended up meeting with the guy who oversees the entire San Jose location who said they would be very interested in interviewing Justin for a job as he gets closer to graduating!!  Woot!!  San Jose is in the Bay Area and if you recall from our first anniversary trip to San Francisco, I love that place!!  I'm still excited about this!  My husband is amazing!!!!  It's good to know that other people recognize this as well :)

Oh and speaking of anniversaries, I never posted about out trip to Lake Tahoe this year.  When my monitor gets fixed and I can see the pictures on a screen again I'll be sure to get that one done.  Tahoe is gorgeous!!

1 comment:

Jared and Andrea said...

Go, Coop! That is awesome. Keep us posted.