1 of 30 Things- list 20 random facts about yourself.
- I can’t whistle, as in I am honestly physically unable to do so.
- I am very patriotic and am so, so excited for the Olympics and for America to kick some international butt! Ok, I’m a little competitive too.
- I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie. Whenever I ride 4-wheelers I seriously laugh the entire time, like a crazy person. I’ve also jumped out of an airplane twice (with a parachute) and scare Justin (and myself sometimes) on the bike trails with my “hopping.” I like the jumps :)
- My favorite movies are based on comic books. I am such a nerd! I have honestly never read a comic book (unless you count Archie) but I think all the Iron Man, Spiderman, Batman... movies that have come out recently are awesome! X-Men: First Class is definitely my favorite but Heath Ledger as the Joker is and always will be the best villain performance ever.
- I have always dreamed of being the voice of a Disney character. Best job ever!
- I spoke at both my 8th grade promotion (my essay was chosen and I didn’t even know it was a contest) and high school graduation (as valedictorian). “And I was valedictorian!” Just for you Wendy :)
- When I was 16 I skipped mutual one night to hang out with my friend and our boyfriends. Unfortunately the activity was Christmas caroling and both our moms noticed that we weren’t in the choir when the YM and YW knocked on our doors. Sneaky leaders!
- I recently started doing pilates and yoga and love them! I was getting bored working out and don’t need the intense cardio, hard-core weightlifting type sessions I used to do. So I tried some pilates classes and highly recommend it. I was pleasantly surprised that I can still do a wheel (aka a “bridge” in gymnastics).
- I have man hands. I never really noticed until college when people would comment on how long my fingers were (full disclosure: I have long toes too so apparently it’s all of my phalanges. Thanks Dad!). When Justin and I compare hands they’re almost the same size but my fingers are waaaay longer than his.
- In high school I was super involved in everything. I played a sport every season (volleyball, basketball & tennis), was on student council for 3 years (as class president twice), served on seminary council my senior year and was in various clubs; Spanish, Math, FBLA, Peer Mediators… I was voted “Most Likely to be Successful” but I personally think I deserved “Best Legs.”
- I can be very possessive. Not in like an “I’m crazy, stay away from my man” kind of way, more like “this is my routine and you can not change it.” I am particularly possessive of my parking spot in front of our apartment. One time I made Misha’s date leave our apartment and repark his car (not the first time he parked in my spot, this was a repeated offense and he’d been warned). In case you think that’s rude (and not just funny), my truck was full of groceries.
- Justin told me I have to add that I burp backward. Not like burping the alphabet backward but probably half the time I actually inhale while burping. I don’t know how else to explain it but apparently that’s not very common.
- The one regret I have for my wedding day is that I didn’t dream about it beforehand. I never wanted to be one of those girls that was crazy and had her colors and dress picked out when she was 12. Not thinking about those details beforehand was a bad idea. Go ahead, be that girl!
- My biggest pet peeve is impedance. You know when you’re walking out of the room and you’re husband or boyfriend thinks it’s cute to step in your way and give you a kiss? Yeah, I hate that. The reason I’m walking out of the room is because I have to pee so move it!
- When I was little I thought it was funny to laugh using every vowel. Like this: hahaha, heeheehee, hihihi, hohoho, huhuhu. I was right.
- Sometimes I wear things and think I look really cute and trendy and then a week later I match up the same outfit and wonder “what was I thinking?”
- I eat M&M’s in pairs of matching colors. If there’s an odd number then I have to eat the outlier with a similar color. Yellow can be eaten with green or orange but not red or blue. I also eat goldfish in pairs. You would never know this if I didn’t tell you but I doubt many of you are surprised by it.
- I love old movies. Audrey Hepburn, Judy Garland, James Dean, Gene Kelly. Mmm Gene Kelly.
- I hate biting through fruit skins. I honestly get chills in my teeth. When I do eat fruit I usually slice it first. Except grapes. They’re hard to cut so I don’t eat them often.
- My current favorite activity is to dream about mine and Justin’s lives after grad school when we will rejoin the rest of society. It’s so close I can taste it and I’ve already started gathering ideas for our future home and what to do with our kids. That’s right- kids!


2 comments:
You ARE my blonde twin! So many things on this list that I totally agree with and find "normal." Love it. Is #20 an announcement of some kind? Just wishful thinking.
Haha! Sorry to get your hopes up! Justin has actually been talking about having a kid since he turned 30. Apparently you should have at least one by then. So not right now, but soon :)
Post a Comment