Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Thursday, August 2, 2012

The One with Thing 1- for Justin!

I really had a lot of fun coming up with a list of 20 random facts for Justin.  I probably won't do this for every "thing" so enjoy :)

  1. I can’t touch my toes, as in I am honestly physically unable to do so.
  2. I like to say “Go America!!”
  3. I am scuba dive certified and own my own equipment.
  4. I like historical/war movies.  My favorite is Saving Private Ryan.
  5. I only have nine fingers.  I lost my left index in a wakesurfing accident.  Cindy thinks a gator in the lake swallowed it and is waiting for me to return- like Captain Hook and the crocodile.
  6. I am one of the few people in the world who can pull off Florida orange.
Justin and his friend Justin Rae who was a groomsman in our wedding.  Together they are J^2 (that's pronounced Jay-squared).
  1. I am half Peruvian and Spanish was my first language.
  2. I served a 2 year mission for my church in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil so I also speak Portuguese, which makes me trilingual.
  3. I am a HUGE Star Trek nerd.
  4. I could live on potato chips.
  5. In high school my friends, Jared and Gordon, and I made movies to advertise blood drives in the style of the Crocodile Hunter.  I played “Skippy, the aborigine.”
  6. My favorite spring to swim in (Jenny Springs in Florida) is on state land so my friend and I built a homemade raft to enter from the river, which is legal and free.  It’s a blow-up raft with an outboard motor attached using PVC pipe and we named it “the Millenium Falcon.”
  
  1. I don’t get mad very often because most of the time you can’t do anything about the situation.  Except for driving.  I have terrible road rage.
  2. I like being the little spoon.
  3. In college my singles ward held a yearly talent show in the Spring called Shaka Pau.  I usually participated in an all male dance group.  One time we danced to a New Kids on the Block medley.  I was wearing a girl’s vest.  The second time we recreated a Menudo (as in Ricky Martin) music video.  I look amazing in spandex!
Justin, Ethan, Will and Jordan = NKOTB!!
Jordan, Justin, Will and Ethan as Menudo!
  1. I hate summer because there are no good sports (aka football and basketball) on TV. 
  2. I am really good at ping-pong.
  3. I like to sing and have performed in a few choirs.  Before we got engaged I convinced Cindy to join the Institute choir so we could sing in the April general conference.  Unfortunately, I didn’t memorize the words to the rest hymn and I was standing right behind the conductor.  You could totally see me making up words on live TV!
  4. I am really good at foreign accents, especially leering Spanish and snooty French.

  1. Every Sunday for lunch I make myself sauceless pasta and hot dogs.  Yum!!

1 comment:

Jared and Andrea said...

This is great! Also, your copy of the Crock Hunter is officially in the mail. Your Welcome.