Pages

Haute-umn Leaves

Monday, August 6, 2012

The One with Thing 2

Thing 2- Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

  1. My first fear is one I’m pretty sure you’re already all aware of and that is things that live in the ocean.  Mostly it scares me because I don’t think fish should have teeth but coral scares me too (I know, it’s sad).  And I’m not entirely sure where it came from.  Obviously sharks are terrifying and I did watch Jaws at a young age but even Finding Nemo scares me.  I made the mistake of watching that in the theater.  I have been in the ocean multiple times, even surfing and snorkeling, but I have to kind of separate myself from my location.  I just can’t think too hard about what I’m actually doing.  One time I was jetskiing in Rocky Point and got pretty far from shore.  The water there isn’t exactly crystal clear to begin with so when I realized there were fishing boats and not swimmers around me I turned around as quickly and carefully as I could (I did NOT want to fall off out there) and zoomed back to the beach.  The whole time back I did not care about chasing and jumping waves.  I just kept envisioning the fish/sharks/gigantic blue whales lining up under the water and chasing me back to shore in the hopes of swallowing me whole.  Ok, so maybe that’s not a legitimate fear but it totally counts!
  2. I have to agree with Andrea on my second fear- losing my husband.  Especially now as we’re still relatively young.  I really think that Justin and I have the best love story/marriage on earth.  We’ve got a good thing going and losing it would be the worst thing ever.  I waited a long time for someone as good as Justin and never, ever want to be single again.  No one else could ever understand and unconditionally love me the way he does.
  3. To be honest, I’ve thought of a few different things for Fear #3 but the one right in front of my mind is also losing my parents.  They’re still way too young to die but my dad’s older sister passed away just a few weeks ago and at the funeral somebody told my dad “So you’re next huh.”  He’s the second oldest.  I wanted to yell at that guy “He’s not next you idiot!”  What a rude thing to say and I was standing right there!  It really scared me though.  Justin and I don’t even have any kids yet.  So Mom and Dad- you’ve still got 30+ years to go before even thinking about leaving me behind!

No comments: