What is your dream job, and why?
I thought I’d answer this with a
list of things I wanted to be “when I grew up.”
When I was in elementary school I thought smart people became medical doctors
and since my teachers all thought I was so smart that’s what I should be. Then I read a book about a child psychologist
and thought that sounded pretty cool. I
was 9. In high school I loved CSI and
wanted to do forensics plus autopsies.
You still have to go to med school for that. Too long, no thanks. Then I took chemistry and knew what field I really wanted to go into.
After tutoring and teaching throughout undergrad and grad school now I’m 100% certain that being a professor would be the most fulfilling career. My real dream is just to be a lecturer and not run a research group so that I can make a decent salary and basically only work part time. I wouldn’t mind eventually coaching a volleyball team on the side or at least returning to officiating but only if I’m still able to spend a decent amount of time with my kids.
![]() |
| http://screenrant.com/csi-crime-scene-investigation-premiere-brusimm-3940/ |
You still have to go to med school for that. Too long, no thanks. Then I took chemistry and knew what field I really wanted to go into.
![]() |
| That's actually me behind the smoke. This was a magic show put on by the Chemistry Club at U of A, Oct. 2004. It's magnesium metal burning between two blocks of dry ice. |
After tutoring and teaching throughout undergrad and grad school now I’m 100% certain that being a professor would be the most fulfilling career. My real dream is just to be a lecturer and not run a research group so that I can make a decent salary and basically only work part time. I wouldn’t mind eventually coaching a volleyball team on the side or at least returning to officiating but only if I’m still able to spend a decent amount of time with my kids.


No comments:
Post a Comment