Thing 3- Describe your
relationship with your parents.
If you can’t tell from
Fear #3 I adore my parents. I think I
really lucked out in that department. My
parents definitely love their kids and are thankfully still together and
celebrating their 40th anniversary soon. 40 years!!
I know it hasn’t always been perfect but it’s a great example to me of
making a marriage work. So I guess first
off I’d have to say my parents are both great examples to me.
Dad is the kindest,
most generous person. If he had a piece
of bread after not eating for a week and a hungry fat guy walked by, Dad would
give him the bread. We have a shared
love of sports and Justin appreciates that because it means I knew how to play
football before we even met. Dad was
always good at teaching us kids how to do things like fish or shoot guns or
play softball. He is definitely one of
those fathers who invests time and not just money. I feel like the older I get, the closer we
become. Dad’s a good listener.
Mom is just
amazing. She is so talented and
organized and just gets things done. I take after her a lot :) She may not realize
it, but Mom going back to school once I started kindergarten is a big reason
why I have gone on to get a graduate degree.
Education is important to me because it’s important to her. In the middle of my sophomore year of high
school Mom had a hysterectomy and a long recovery. I would get home from volleyball or
basketball practice and go talk to her in her room for hours. I think that’s what gave us such a good
foundation and why we have a better mother/daughter relationship than a lot of
others out there. Mom even knows about
everyone I’ve ever kissed!
I’ve noticed recently
that my relationship with my parents is changing, in a good way. Maybe it’s because I’m finally married and
it’s a little harder to see me as just the baby of the family but I feel like
our relationship has matured and we talk about more serious topics. It’s a little weird realizing your parents
are people too, outside of their roles as “Mom and Dad,” but I like where we’re
at.
No comments:
Post a Comment